NECBA LISTSERV CENTRAL
Since 1998, NECBA has maintained an email communication forum we call "The Listserv." NECBA membership is available to any NEIBA member or anyone affiliated with a member store or company. The listserv differs from normal email communication in that a message sent to the list will go to all subscribed members at the same time. We use the Yahoo! Groups system, so emails may include advertisements or other information from Yahoo! NECBA/NEIBA is not to be held responsible for such.
Members use The List to communicate with one another between meetings. In the past the list has been used for such things as:
sending meeting agendas,
asking for help finding a title for a customer,
sharing news of all kinds,
posting book reviews, etc.
The NECBA email listserv is one of the most powerful tools a Children's Bookseller can have!
To join the list:
1) send an email request to the listserv moderator.
2) In the email, be sure to let us know the email address to which you would like the list to go. Some folks use a personal/home email while others use a store address - either is fine.
3) Identify the store where you work or otherwise your connection to children's bookselling. You should specify whether you would like to receive list emails individually as they come or have all the NECBA emails for a single day sent to you as one email. This latter form is called 'Digest' form and some prefer it since it keeps the email inbox clear. The down side is that you don't get the up-to-the-minute, back-and-forth communication that can be very useful.
When the moderator gets your email and verifies NEIBA membership you will be added to the list. You will receive an email confirming you membership and you may begin sending messages to the group. To send a message to the list, address your email to: email@example.com
A few things to keep in mind when using the list:
1) Remember that there are now over 100 members who receive list email. Some are not booksellers but are authors, publishers, etc. Compose your emails with this in mind.
2) Just as when we are in meetings and holding private conversations we must respect legal restrictions limiting certain discussions of pricing.
3) Your name or email information will never be added to third-party email lists.
4) Permission to use anything contained in a list message must be obtained from the original sender. This includes the use of member email addresses for non-list purposes.
5) The listserv is not for commercial use. For example, no posting of publishers events or advertisements for specific books or authors is permitted.
6) The opinions posted on the list serv are not the opinions of NEIBA, its officers or staff but solely the responsibility of those who submitted them.
If you have any questions about or are experiencing problems with your use of the List please contact the listserv moderator.